HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Monday, November 7, 2011

Harry Potter Layout


Calling all Harry Potter fans! :-) I've had this page done about two months ago & simply haven't had the chance to upload it.

I'm a bonafide Harry Potter fan--I call myself a Potterhead. I've read all the books & seen all the movies. Am actually quite upset that the series ended. But what a fabulous ride those years were! So when I heard that the Harry Potter exhibit was going to be in NYC--you know I just HAD to go! So here I am standing outside the exit to the exhibit. They had this large poster with the three main characters & it was the perfect spot to have my photo taken.

As for the exhibit...it was fabulous! I got to pull Mandrakes, sit in Hagrids chair & throw a Quaffle! All you fellow Potterheads out there will know 'exactly' what I'm talking about! **wink wink**

Since this was all about HP--what better line for this page than the Harry Potter collection by Creative Imaginations. This line is filled with HP goodies and when it came time to put my page together it was all about layering, layering & oh yeah...more layering.

Here I am! Quite happy...like a kid in a toy factory! lol I punched the corner of the photo with different hand held circle punches & then inked over the punched holes with Tea Dye distress ink.

The corner stamp is by Stamp Enjoy. I stamped it with embossing ink & then heat embossed it with opaque white embossing powder.

A close up of the partial hand stitching I did in the corners. The photo seen in the frame is actually what the outside to the exhibit looked like. They had the actual flying Ford Anglia seen in the 2nd movie hanging above the entrance to the exhibit! I loved it!

The second essential part to this layout were the HP stickers that came with this collection. The sorting hat, the various bottles of potions, the Nimbus 2000, fire bolt, Hedwig, Harry Potter wanted poster etc...these are all stickers.

My love for this magical world is something that I definitely hope to pass onto my children one day. So it seemed only fit to scrap it at least once. I hope this inspires all of you fellow Potterheads out there to scrap your love for this magical wizard!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Epic page Kay!!!! What a great way to document your love for all things Harry Potter!! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!