HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

October Layout

Good afternoon fellow scrappers...today I'm presenting my final page for Once Upon A Sketch (OUAS). My time on the OUAS DT went by very quickly but was so very rewarding at the same time.  Thank you again Nadia for giving me the opportunity to be part of such a fabulous design team.  Best of luck to the new DT starting in January 2014!  There are some very notable ladies on the term for next year...

So the theme for the month of December is: My Favorite Month.  This was very simple for me.  I've been harping for a long time now that Autumn is my favorite season...and Autumn is in it's prime in the month of October...so October it was.  I had recently taken a photo of my son studying a leaf that had fallen from a tree & it worked just right for the theme of my page.  I went Autumn crazy with this page & used several 'Autumn' related embellishments that I had in my stash.

Paper used is by Maja Design from their 'Walking in the Forest' collection.
Here's the sketch provided by Nadia--as usual a versatile sketch that you can do much with.
This little envelope which was part of the 'Walking in the Forest' collection--was cut out, assembled & used to store my journaling.
This little sunflower vine is by Prima as are the large brown felt flowers.  Yay for those cute little mini pine cones...how I love them!  Of course I had to have an owl tucked in here somewhere...owls are one of my absolute favorite type of birds as well as embellishment.
So for many years I've had this gigantic feather in my stash & every time I ran into it I wondered 'what the heck am I going to use this for?'  I can't tell you how many times I almost tossed it.  Well the perfect project finally arrived & I was able to use it!  So this is why I have a gazillion things in my stash & never throw anything out!  LOL 
These organza ribbon star flowers are items from my stash.  I have several of these in different colors & are available for purchase in my Etsy shop.  Feel free to visit if you like them.
These little haystack mini brooms are other tidbits that I have in my stash & once again--I found the perfect project for them...alongside the mini acorn!  Seems like I got to use many of my oddball embellishments for this page--but it all came together nicely I think!

Make sure you visit the OUAS blog to check out the other DT's take on this month's challenge.  Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week...

Photobucket

1 comment:

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!