HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

'Beginnings' Fold Out Tag Mini Album

I don't know about most of you but I'm one of those that just never has enough time in the day for everything that I need or 'want' to do.  I'm always in a time crunch.  I love to craft & literally make time to do that--sometimes crafting late into the night which is really the only 'me' time that I have.  I'll be feeling it the next day in the office though.  :-)

Because of this, I'm always on the look out for quick projects.  This is one such project.  It doesn't hurt that I'm also a fan of small projects--meaning in size.  I love mini albums--but am definitely more prone to creating minis for wallet sized photos or even smaller.

This mini comes together quickly & makes for a cute way of storing slightly cropped wallet sized photos.  I've used papers from the 'Beginnings' collection.



The mini measures 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" inches with a 1" inch spine.  The pages are made out of  small 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" inch kraft bags that I bought at my local craft store. So essentially the pages to this mini are already made.  However, if you have the time, you can certainly create your own mini bags & you can also make this mini larger--so it's versatile.

It's held closed with a belly band that I've embellished with flowers & a mini flocked teddy bear.



I've decorated the kraft bags with the designer paper from the 'Beginnings' collection.  The mini can open up like a book & each 'page' can be flipped through as shown in these photos.



Or it can be pulled out as shown here into a version of a cascading mini.  I've adhered two magnets to the very last page that holds the pages in place until you're ready to expand the mini out.  There's a total of 6 pages.


Each paper bag has a tag inside that's meant for storing photos.  I've added green & yellow tulle to further decorate each tag.
I've kept the tags blank in order to provide more room for the photos.  I didn't really create a front cover for the mini--it only has a back cover.  The cover of the mini is the first paper bag. 

I plan on providing a brief tutorial on how I put this mini together soon.  It's really easy & fast--which is what I'm always on the lookout for.
 
Supplies Used: Beginnings 12x12 Collection Kit, Beginnings Detail Stickers, Other - Tulle, Mini Flocked Teddy Bear, Kraft Mini Paper Bags

Thanks for stopping by!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!